Search This Blog

Monday 19 September 2011

More films to recommend!

Just would like to recommend a couple of films I had the chance to see last week.


First up, The Guard. I loved this film, funniest film I've seen in a while and worth a look at either at your small local cinema or on DVD in a couple of months. How can I describe this, Brendan Gleeson plays a policeman in the West of Ireland, his patch is invaded by some drug dealers and he is partnered with an FBI agent played by Don Cheadle. If I described this as Father Ted mashed up with the Bad Lieutenant, you wouldn't be far wrong. I'll post the trailer and I hope it isn't to sweary.


Next on Saturday, I got to see Tinker, Tailer, Soldier, Spy. One word can some up this film - brilliant! An acting tour de force by the elite of British actors. Gary Oldman and Benedict Cumerbatch are outstanding. If this film isn't nominated for Baftas or Oscars I don't know what will be! Don't miss it!


No comments:

Post a Comment