Search This Blog

Monday 8 February 2010

Weekend TV, I take over new TV critics job for a day.

Saturday night marked my second evening in a row left home alone with the dog, so for a change I had control of the TV and DVD for the night. 


Saturday marked the beginning of the Six Nations Rugby. The afternoon game was Ireland vs Italy, this was a rather turgid and boring affair resulting in an easy win for Ireland. The evening marked the start of the important game, Wales vs england at Twickenham. Before kick the teams and crowd made a moving tribute to the late great Bill Mclaren. There's a great tribute on You Tube which I've posted.





The encounter between England and wales was won by England. This was a much more exciting game with some great passages of play by both sides. Wales gave away an unnecessary sin bin late in the first half, God only knows what Alun-Wyn Jones was thinking. This passage of play allowed England to score two unanswered tries. wales came back in the next quarter of the game but England scored a late breakaway try to win by 30-17.


I'll take this chance to praise a TV documentary I watched this week; Chemistry- A volatile history. This programme described the history of the great pioneers of chemistry during the 19th and 20th centuries. The programme brought to life loads of the concepts I learnt whilst studying A level Chemistry. I wish I had seen a programme like this whilst I was studying, sometimes abstract and difficult concepts were brought to life, a brilliant programme.


I also managed to watch Quantum of Solace. This is Daniel Craig's second outing as James Bond. The film was action packed but was slightly devoid of plot. Some of the set pieces were amazing but unlike some of Bonds previous incarnations this definitely wasn't cheesy.


Sunday I managed to play golf, a nine hole stable-ford at my local club. I scored 20 points and clinched third place, my best performance in a competition so far. Hope my streak continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment